Monday, March 5, 2012

Can't sleep? Count sheep. Neh!

How to get a toddler and baby to church while you're husband is out of the country? With lots of prayers!!
I had two helpers today. One was my friend, Amanda H, and the other, my Mum.
I found out I was in baby nursery upon a successful arrival to church this morning.
Why is it that everything seems to make me tired, then I can't sleep when I have the opportunity?
 I know the answer, the Lord has a reason or a lesson. If it's a lesson, I'd like to learn it and quick! :) 
Isn't that how it always is.
Mum and Shelby have been assisting at keeping me sane since Friday afternoon. 
What wonderful helpers they are, I am truly thankful!
Lucy now knows all of Mum's cats by name: "Detny" (Destiny), "Vet" (Sylvestor), "Ell" (Stella), and "Tert" (Tartan). She also answers "No" to almost every question posed to her. "Uh huh" was so much cuter!
Clara insists upon rolling over even before you've safely taken your hands off her after laying her on her back on the floor. She also is much more vocal since she learned how to roll over. She says "baba" and "mama" continually! The fact that she gets stuck on her belly, keeps her face in the blanket, and complains until someone flips her back over (every 20 seconds!) is getting kind of old quick. Jk...kinda. :)
I was thrilled to be able to hear most of this morning's message and all of this evening's! I better cherish this time 'cause by the time we have three kids, will I ever hear any full messages? Maybe the Lord will return before then. :)
There has been a lot going on with people we love and care about lately and it has brought me closer to my Lord. Deaths, accidents, surgeries, major health concerns, sick children, etc. I wonder, why does it take things like these to make us pray more? On the other hand, to be able to tell someone you're praying for them is the best comfort I can think of. So thankful for the privilege of prayer! 
This reminds me, I'll give you a quote of what Lucy's prayer before a meal sounds like, "Dod. Teenk ew. Food. Duice. Deesus. Ame. Men!". She's even started bowing her head now. Children bring such joy, even though they're hard work!
A thought keeps popping back into my mind. I was going to wait and share it in another post, but won't. :)
Tonight, Pastor Fosmark asked,
"Have you ever seen someone hitting their own hand with a hammer?"
At first, I chuckled...until I understood his point. Then I was convicted.
The local church is a BODY of believers. I am part of a body so why would I want to hurt my own body? You don't see people going around trying to tear themselves apart physically.
Why do we as Christians tear one another apart with our words?
Had to share that thought.
Should try to sleep now...girls will be up in 5 hours or less.
So thankful that the Lord provides the exact amount of energy we need for each day!

No comments: