Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Waiting Game

Don't you love it? We are constrained by time, but God is not. That's as deep as I am going to get, baby brain is in full force these days. Two nights ago, I feel asleep at 6:30 am after hours of aching ankles, heartburn, and bathroom trips. When all the pain and discomfort still doesn't end in signs of labour, it all seems so pointless. Is it though? Of course not. God is still in control and has His reasons, including getting my body ready for labour. The biggest reason that night was to break my stubborn will and to again remind me that I cannot do this in my own strength. Recently on one of the many drives Scott takes me on in the evenings (to get me out of the house and preserve sanity at this point), I read Genesis 3 and was reminded of the reason for pregnancy woes and labour pains. Sin. These discomforts I'm dealing with physically are a direct result of sin. By 4:00am, my will was once again broken and I was in tears. When I did get to sleep, which wasn't directly after btw, I slept for 3 hours straight!! Normally, I'm up at least every hour for bathroom breaks, and that night I was up every 30-45 minutes. I did sleep through my baby doctor check-up though, ah well. There's always next week, right? I sure hope I have this baby by then!
Last night, I only got up 3-4 times the whole night...I have been up since 5 am but I'm thankful for sleep and rest! Could today be the day? It's exactly 10 days til the due date. I really thought I would have had the baby long ago. She's just so strong and there seems to be no room left in there for her to grow!
I, of course, am trying to trust the Lord for His perfect timing....I want the baby out now though! Ha! I read a neat quote, and even retained it in my very lacking memory, on Pinterest the other day. "Don't forget in the dark what God has showed you in the light." What a great reminder!
Please pray that God's timing for this baby to come out is soon, but more importantly for a safe delivery and healthy baby. We would really appreciate all and any prayers!

3 comments:

Melodiejoy said...

Praying for ya :-)

Jennifer Silver said...

aww, i know how you feel!! i will definitely be praying that baby comes early;) and that you can stay sane until then lol!

Krystle Watters said...

Thanks for praying! She did come early and wow, was I ever thankful! I feel more myself already, what a wonderful feeling. :)